Cookstown Greens grows a variety of beets that are available year-round and sold by the pound.
Add a brilliant splash of colour to your meal with rich red, creamy white, deep golden or striped candy-cane organic beets.
- Gold Beets have a smooth golden root, deep golden flesh, and an earthy flavour. They are sweeter than the red or candy-cane beet.
- Red Cylinder Beets have cylindrical root, dark red flesh and smooth, dark red skin. They are similar to red round beets.
- Red Round Beets have dark red flesh, smooth, dark red skin and are sweet and earthy in flavour.
- Candy-Cane Beets have reddish-pink skin, red and white striped flesh and a deep earthy flavour. The colour fades slightly when cooked.
- White Beets have a round root, creamy white flesh, and a sweet, nutty and smooth in flavour. They are the sweetest of all the beets.