Red & Yellow Onions
Red and yellow onions grown at Cookstown Greens are available between October to April and are sold in bulk (2 pounds).
- Red Onions have deep purple skin and reddish flesh.
- Yellow Onions have greenish-white, light yellow, or white flesh.
- Red Onions have a slightly milder flavour when served raw. When cooked they are sweet.
- Yellow Onions have a strong pungent flavour when served raw. When cooked they are sweet.
- Red Onions are ideal for pickling or grilling on the BBQ.
- Yellow Onions are best for caramelizing or roasting.
- Both work well sauteed.